India News

Country is in safe hands, won’t let her down: Narendra Modi

Churu, February 26
In his first public address after the air strikes on terror camps in Pakistan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said the country is in safe hands and nothing is above the nation.
The prime minister said he would not let the country down.
“I want to assure the people that the country is in safe hands. There is nothing above the nation,” he said addressing a public meeting here.
“My soul says today is the day to reiterate what I had expressed in 2014. I swear by my land I won’t let my country be destroyed. I will not let the country stop. I will not let the country bow down. I pledge to the motherland that I will not let her head down,” he said.
The prime minister, however, did not make a direct reference to the strikes
In a swift and precise air strike following the Pulwama attack, India bombed and destroyed Jaish-e-Mohammed’s biggest training camp in Pakistan early on Tuesday, killing a “very large number” of terrorists, trainers and senior commanders.

The operation, described as a non-military, preemptive strike, was welcomed by the entire political spectrum and military experts who had been advocating retribution after the February 14 suicide attack on a CRPF convoy in Pulwama claimed by JeM.

Addressing the rally, the prime minister said he was able to work because the party is above individuals and the country is above the party.